Energy & Natural Resources
The liberalisation of the gas and electricity markets has long since opened up the prospects for clients to expand and develop their businesses in this sector.
VILDE boasts a long lasting tradition of judicial and extrajudicial counsel in this area and we are therefore able to guarantee our clients experienced highly qualified legal advices for issues relating to production, distribution and transport of gas and electricity.
Our main areas of expertise are:
- Site location for new power plants and modification/expansion/reactivation of existing ones, as well as consultancy for environmental impact assessments;
- Building and running of renewable energy plants (including photovoltaic, wind, solar, geothermal, hydraulic, biomasses, renewable gas);
- Research permits and concessions for hydrocarbon cultivation and natural gas storage activities;
- Transportation and distribution of gas and electrical energy, where regulations and tariffs are especially sensitive;
- Gas and energy trading;
- Proceedings before the Gas and Electricity Authority.
Furthermore, VILDE offers counsel for the development of project financing operations aimed at the construction of new infrastructures (see Project Financing).